Mint was one of the first plants I tried in aquaponics and it did extremely well.
I started with a small cutting in my constant flood bed. It took a while, may be three weeks, before it got its roots established and started growing. Then it spread across the growbed very fast. Leaves were very healthy and it replenishes fast after a harvest. Sometimes it gets in the way of other plants and needs curbing. And they are notorious for getting inside the pipes in the growbed.
At one time we were distributing mint leaves to our neighbours every weekend. Kids enjoyed this and on some days they were returning home with candies. I don’t know whether they had any secret barter deal going 🙂
Mint, however, is very sensitive to having water above its roots, even for a few hours. Recent over flooding issue that we had damaged most of our mint and it is now just recovering.
That’s all on mint for now. My next project on Mint is to have it in an NFT or tower system. More on that later.