Finally it’s happening! I have been wanting to clean up the media in one of my older growbeds and convert it from constant flood into a flood and drain system. Also wanted to take my hybrid experiment to the next level.
I got external help for cleaning the grow media as it is a labour intensive activity (yah, I am lazy 🙂 )
I had him clean the gravel and leave it outside of the growbed for the time being.
The plastic inside growbed tank (it’s an IBC) is already starting to break so I have put in a polyethylene lining inside the tank, so that hopefully I won’t have to worry about this system for at least another year.
We are running short of water supply over the last couple of days so I have kept the bed in half done state but in shape to keep the water filtered for the fish.
I have a couple of containers getting ready for planting.
I hope to get this system fully functional over the weekend. More coming.